My dns is not updating
Pinging the SOA using 'nslookup' gives me a timeout.
Very strange, I have used the SOA record from the information gathered using the site 'into DNS' EDIT: I would also like to note that the SOA that 'into DNS' gives me for my clients domain is different from the one that is in the records (for ns1) from the client provided screenshot.
I have a issue with my DNS PTR Records not updating for some reason. The A records seem to create just fine however the PTR records do not.
They stopped working when we did a firmware update on the firewall however I have done two more since then as well and still they do not seem to work.
No error is logged in the event viewer of either the client and the server.
I've looked at it, my co-worker has looked at it and neither of us could find anything wrong with the system: we just don't understand why the records aren't properly updated.
Clients are mostly Windows 7 machines with a few XP and Vista.
The way we solve this is by manually deleting the offending records and issue "ipconfig /registerdns" on the client.
Most of you won’t be running Windows 2003 anymore, but if you are, this link may be of interest: DHCP setup primarily is the place to start with this, it is often overlooked that there needs to be a username entered into DHCP to allow for these Dynamic Updates to take place.